Medical HQ now have Shingrix vaccines available
From the 1st of November, the Shingrix vaccine will replace the Zostavax vaccine. It will be available for people most at risk of complications from shingles.
A 2-dose course of Shingrix will be available for free for:
- People aged 65 and older
- First Nations people aged 50 and older
- Immunocompromised people aged 18 and older with the following medical consitions:
- Haemopoietic stem cell transplant
- Solid organ transplant
- Haematological malignancy
- Advanced or untreated HIV.
Unlike Zostavax, Shingrix does not contain any live virus so it can be given to people aged 18 years and over who are immunocompromised.